Painting Provence with Jennifer Orkin Lewis (August Wren), Dvora Troshane,
Cami Boyett & Christina Amador
September 16th to September 22nd 2018
Painting * Relaxing * Yoga * Sisterhood
Join August Wren, Dvora Troshane, Cami Boyett and Christina Amador for the creative retreat of a lifetime in the heart of Provence! Known for its diverse landscape, rolling vineyards, olive groves, outdoor markets and lavender fields, Provence is sure to inspire you in so many ways!
You will draw inspiration from the beauty that surrounds us in France... the landscape, bustling markets and flowers will show us how there is inspiration all around us. There is a special energy that you feel when you are in a different place... and Provence has such a unique energy. We will naturally incorporate the essence of that energy into our paintings.
Daily drawing and painting sessions with Jennifer will include learning about mixing colors with gouache, playing with lines, textures, layering patterns, composition and color combinations. You will work on your own individual art and draw from the inspiration that we gather from our explorations and our surroundings. Jennifer will also share some insight on how to approach getting your art licensed and a peek into the world of design with plenty of time for questions and answers.
Cami and Dvora will focus on guiding you through their process of intuitive painting. Using acrylic paint and a wide array of art materials, you will explore abstract painting, color, line, imagery and much more. We will talk a bit about finding your own voice and how to find your unique style. During our week of painting and creativity, we will give you different prompts to help motivate you and encourage you to step out of your comfort zone where there's so much opportunity for growth in your art. We will also spend some dedicated time on collaborative art.
This Soulshine Retreat experience includes a balance of painting, ritual, optional yoga, relaxing at the villa and exploring Provence. We invite you to take this time to nurture your self, to relax, renew and soak up the many benefits of your beautiful surroundings.
Whenever we gather a group of women together in this way, magic happens. We often leave with newfound friends, a feeling of sisterhood, transformation, relaxation, inspiration and so much more.
Optional two day Paris excursion at the beginning of the retreat may include Gustav Klimt - Atelier des Lumieres, Monet’s Garden at Giverny, Paris flea markets, Parc de Bagatelle and an art store tour including the Sennelier art shop. **Please email us at email@example.com or let us know when you register if you're interested in this extension of your trip. (additional cost)
- Six night and 7 days accommodations at The Rhone Retreat, a lovely French villa in the village Gaujac, nestled in the gorgeous hills and valleys of Provence, France
- ALL meals. Your meals will be prepared in traditional french farm to table style by 2 of our gourmet chefs. All meals will be made from local, seasonal and fresh ingredients many from the garden on the grounds of the retreat house and also from the local farmer's markets
- 2 meals out in villages. One on our day visit to the Market and another dinner at a Michelin restaurant located in Gaujac
- Ground Transportation to all group outings
- Transfer to/from Avignon Train or Marseilles Airport
- Organized excursions including a guided visit to the bustling Uzes Market and a wine tasting at one of the best vineyards in France, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Our expert local, English and French speaking Guide Ken, who will be with us during the entire retreat
- Painting sessions daily with our artists: Jennifer Orkin Lewis (August Wren), Cami Boyett & Dvora Troshane
- Daily meditation, sacred ritual and ceremony
- Yoga & Sacred Movement
- A Soulshine Retreat welcome bag filled with goodies from Jennifer, Dvora, Cami, Christina and Ken for each participant
- Your airfare
- Anything you buy at the markets or on our excursions will not be covered as well
- Any additional trips that you may choose to take during your free time
- Optional Massage
- Optional Goddess Portraits
- Travel Insurance
We will begin each day in the garden with optional movement followed by a delicious french country breakfast prepared by our chef and served in the garden. After breakfast we will have Morning Circle and then on most days workshop time for painting and more.
Many afternoons we will be painting, however a few afternoons will be spent exploring Provence and immersing ourselves into French life and all that comes with it. With Ken as our amazing guide, we will visit a vineyard, The Uzès market, an artisan village and more little serendipitous surprises that Provence offers... and maybe a visit to Van Gogh's Asylum.
Relaxation mode... We will share a farm to table meal indoors or in the garden illuminated with twinkle lights. We will enjoy and appreciate the locally grown food as well as the great company of inspired artists, friends and sisters.
Spend your free time in the garden reading a book, lounging by the pool, getting a massage, hiking or exploring the local towns full of cafes and village restaurants.