Painting Provence with Carrie Schmitt
September 16th to September 22nd 2018
Immerse yourself in inspiration... Join Carrie Schmitt and Dvora Troshane for the painting retreat of a lifetime in the heart of Provence! Known for its diverse landscape, rolling vineyards, olive groves, outdoor markets and lavender fields, Provence is a place that is sure to captivate your senses and all that France embodies including love, beauty and romance.
With cameras and sketchbooks in hand, Carrie will share how to find inspiration everywhere you look. We will take in all the sensual treasures Provence has to offer and incorporate the unique energy of this artistic place into our paintings. After gathering inspiration from our excursions, we will learn how to translate our inspiration into tangible form and expression on canvas. We will discuss the work of our favorite French artists and incorporate elements of their work with our own unique twist into our art as well to create a truly unique masterpiece.
As we practice intuitive painting, Carrie will share how she paints her expressive flowers, as well as women’s faces and figures. We will give you a variety of prompts and painting projects throughout our week of painting and creativity.
This retreat experience includes a balance of painting and exploring to serve our art, as well as our own personal enjoyment. We invite you to take this time to nurture your self, to relax, refresh and soak up the benefits of your beautiful surroundings.
Whenever we gather a group of women together in this way, we leave with newfound sisters, transformation, relaxation, inspiration and so much more.
Optional two day Paris excursion at the end of the retreat includes Monet’s Garden at Giverny, the famous Paris flea markets, Parc de Bagatelle, Sennelier art shop, museums, and opportunities for you to choose your outings. **Please email us at email@example.com or let us know when you register if you're interested in this extension of your trip. (additional cost)
- Six night and 7 days accommodations at The Rhone Retreat, a lovely French villa in the village Gaujac, nestled in the gorgeous hills and valleys of Provence, France
- ALL meals. Your meals will be prepared in traditional french farm to table style by 2 of our gourmet chefs. All meals will be made from local, seasonal and fresh ingredients many from the garden on the grounds of the retreat house and also from the local farmer's markets
- 2 meals out in the villages. One on our day visit to the Market and another dinner at a Michelin restaurant located in Gaujac
- Ground Transportation to all group outings
- Transfer to/from Avignon Airport
- Organized excursions including a guided visit to the bustling Uzes Market and a wine tasting at one of the best vineyards in France, Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Our expert local, English and French speaking Guide Ken, who will be with us during the entire retreat
- Daily meditation, sacred ritual and ceremony with Carrie & Dvora
- Yoga & Sacred Movement
- A Soulshine Retreat welcome bag filled with goodies for each participant
- Your airfare
- Anything you buy at the markets or on our excursions will not be covered as well
- Any additional trips that you may choose to take during your free time
- Optional Massage
- Optional Goddess Portraits with Portland, Oregon photographer Lauren Miles
- Travel Insurance
We will begin each day in the garden with optional movement followed by a delicious french country breakfast prepared by our chef and served in the garden. After breakfast we will have Morning Circle and then on most days workshop time for painting and more.
Many afternoons we will be painting, however a few afternoons will be spent exploring Provence and immersing ourselves into French life and all that comes with it. With Ken as our amazing guide, we will visit a vineyard, The Uzès market, an artisan village and more little serendipitous surprises that Provence offers... and maybe a visit to Van Gogh's Asylum.
Relaxation mode... We will share a farm to table meal indoors or in the garden illuminated with twinkle lights. We will enjoy and appreciate the locally grown food as well as the great company of inspired artists, friends and sisters.
Spend your free time in the garden reading a book, lounging by the pool, getting a massage, hiking or exploring the local towns full of cafes and village restaurants.